[SSPX Chapel Cape Town] Schedule: 12-16 March 2020

Fr. John Jenkins jenkins at sspx.org.za
Tue Mar 10 04:32:03 CET 2020

Dear Faithful,

This coming weekend is the third Sunday of Lent, marking close to
half-way our Lenten observance. Let us increase our generosity and
detachment from things of this earth to strengthen our souls and
their flight towards eternity. Let us not give into the temptation
to mediocrity nor fall back to our easy ways, but make greater
efforts towards perfection.

On Thursday, 12 March, there will be the Latin classes in the
rented hall. We will be doing some exercises on the first and
second conjugation and solidifying our knowledge of the Latin
verb.

Holy Mass will be celebrated Friday at 18:30 and followed by the
Stations of the Cross. For the stations of the Cross we will be
using the prayers composed by St. Francis of Assisi. Those who
would like to download a copy of this booklet can do so at the
following link: http://url.fsspx.me/16

On Saturday there will be a Holy Mass at 9:00am followed by
catechism for catechumens. Let us keep in our prayers these souls
who are learning the Catholic faith and who hope to enter the
Church in the near future.

On Sunday March 15 we will have our sports day. The Holy Mass will
be as usual at 9am, preceded by choir practice at 8:00 and
confessions at 8:30. Following the Mass there will be catechism
for children and adults and then all are invited to the fields of
the Edgemead running club for our sports day. We will be
introducing a new game for our community that will be great fun
for all, both young and old.

On Monday, March 16 there will be an early morning Mass at 4:15am.

For the weekend of the 27-29 March there will be server
instruction for those who would like to learn how to serve the
Traditional Latin Mass. This will consist of three instructions
before the Mass to teach the various roles, firstly for Low
Mass. Another instruction session will be scheduled during Holy
Week for the Easter ceremonies and High Mass.

Please remember on your calendars the upcoming Marian Retreat
which will be preached by Fr. Stehlin from the 2-4 April. It is a
great grace for us to receive Fr. Stehlin in Cape Town and he will
be speaking about the Militia Immaculatae amongst other things. A
full program of the retreat will be published later this week.

Also remember that Holy Week is soon upon us! All the devotions,
including the Tenebrae, will be celebrated in our chapel during
this week, and there will also be spiritual conferences on Monday,
Tuesday and Wednesday of Holy Week in the evening.

Here is the schedule for this coming weekend:

* Thursday, 12 March /Feria/
  NO MASS
  18:30 Latin classes

* Friday, 13 March /Feria/
  18:00 Possibility of Confession
  18:30 Holy Mass
  After Mass: Stations of the Cross

* Saturday, 14 March /Feria/
  8:30 Possibility of Confession
  9:00 Holy Mass
 10:30 Catechism for Catechumens

* Sunday, 15 March /3rd Sunday of Lent/
  8:00 Choir Practice
  8:30 Confession
  9:00 Holy Mass [Kyriale XVIIa, Credo III]
  After Mass: Catechism for children and adults
  SPORTS DAY at Edgemead

* Monday, 16 March /Feria/
  4:15 Holy Mass

God bless you,
--
+ Fr. John Jenkins, SSPX <jenkins at sspx.org.za>
Roodepoort, South Africa - PGP: 533B FBFF 7A42 6CB7