[SSPX Chapel Cape Town] Schedule of Masses: 5-8 March 2020

Fr. John Jenkins jenkins at sspx.org.za
Mon Mar 2 20:12:16 CET 2020

Dear Faithful,

This coming Sunday will be the second Sunday of Lent, whose
lessons in the Gospel reminds us of the profound Transfiguration
of our soul by the grace of Our Lord. This weekend also contains
the First Friday and First Saturday of the month, important
devotions to strengthen this life of grace.

Please remember to persevere with the Lenten Crusade for our very
special intentions, remembering also those who unite their
rosaries to ours.

On Thursday the Latin classes will be held in the rented hall at
18:30. We will be going over the second conjugation of the Latin
verb.

On Friday there will be a Sung Mass in the evening at 18:30
followed by the Way of the Cross. Following the Way of the Cross
there will be the Litanies of the Sacred Heart and the Act of
Reparation. Let us remember especially our families during these
devotions who need the grace to carry their many crosses in this
modern world. There will be confessions possible from 18:00.

On Saturday there will be the Holy Mass at 9am followed by the
devotions to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Confessions will be
possible from 8:30am and during the Rosary. Due to the First
Saturday devotions the catechism for catechumens will take place
next week.

On Sunday, the Second Sunday of Lent, there will be the Holy Mass
at 9am preceded by the choir practice at 8am and confessions at
8:30am. Following the Mass there will be catechism for adults and
children.

In the afternoon this coming Sunday, 8 March, there will be the
at 15:30 in Muizenburg, followed by the conference at 16:00. This
time we will see how St. Thomas explains an episode of the life of
Our Lord, His temptation in the desert. It is very instructive to
see his analysis of the Gospel and the suitability of Our Lord's
temptation.

On Monday there will be an early morning Mass at 4:15am.

Please remember to mark on your calendars the Marian Retreat which
will be preached by Fr. Stehlin from the 3-5 April.

We hope to have the fields for a sports day on March 15, a
decision will be made in a future mailing.

Here is the full schedule for this week:

* Thursday, 5 March /Feria/
  NO MASS
  18:30 Latin Class

* Friday, 6 March /Feria/
  18:00 Possibility of Confession
  18:30 Sung Mass [Kyriale IV, no Credo]
  After Mass: Way of the Cross, Litanies of the Sacred Heart

* Saturday, 7 March /Feria/
  8:30 Possibility of Confession
  9:00 Holy Mass
  After Mass: Rosary and Benediction

* Sunday, 8 March /2nd Sunday of Lent/
  8:00 Choir Practice
  8:30 Confessions
  9:00 Holy Mass [Kyriale XVII-A, Credo III]
  After Mass: Catechism for adults and children

* Monday, 9 March /Feria/
  4:15 Holy Mass

God bless,
--
+ Fr. John Jenkins, SSPX <jenkins at sspx.org.za>
Roodepoort, South Africa - PGP: 533B FBFF 7A42 6CB7