[SSPX Chapel Cape Town] Audio Stream Schedule: 13-19 April 2020

Fr. John Jenkins jenkins at sspx.org.za
Mon Apr 13 09:39:24 CEST 2020

Our Lord has risen, as He said, Alleluia!

Dear Faithful,

My first wish to each and everyone of you is a joyous and
grace-filled Easter. Although we are still very limited as far as
physical access to our chapel, we can still rejoice in the many
means that modern technology has provided to bring the Word of God
to you. We have been able to install a microphone in our chapel to
provide an audio stream of all the devotions that we are glad to
report that many have taken advantage of this possibility.

The audio stream can be listened to either with your web browser
of with a client such as the VLC application. You connect using
the following address:

http://url.fsspx.me/chapel

There is also a mumble server that is used for the catechism
classes, that has the advantage of having much better audio and
can accommodate many participants. There is also text chat where
you can ask questions and also possibility to easily record the
lesson if you so wish. It is best connecting to this using the
Mumble application, as explained in one of our previous mailings
which you can access here:

http://url.fsspx.me/mumbleapp

However, many have reported a certain difficulty in using this
application and so we have put together a web client for this same
mumble server. The following web page emulates many of the
features of the native client, except for recording. For sharing
the catechism lectures to others it might be useful to share this
link, as it doesn't require the installation of software to listen
to the conferences. It must be born in mind that it is still a
work in progress, but the essential functions seem to work well
enough, at least with Google Chrome. Again, it is preferable to
use the native client, but here is the link for the web client to
mumble:

http://url.fsspx.me/mumble

Your web browser will ask for permission to use your speakers and
microphone. You should mute your microphone if you do not have a
headset as it will create a very disagreeable feedback when it
picks up the sound from your speakers. To join one of the
channels, you need only double click on the name of the channel.

Each and everyday this week there will be morning prayers and a
meditation from the Spiritual exercises of St. Ignatius at
6:30. At 12:30, or midday, there will be a brief visit to the
Blessed Sacrament and the Regina Caeli. In the evening there will
be Catechism as well as Rosary and Benediction beginning at 5pm.

On Thursday there will be class for Latin students at 14:00, and
on Saturday there is planned a history lesson, also at 14:00,
continuing from the life of Julius Caesar and the early Roman
Empire just before the birth of Our Lord and beyond.

Here is the schedule of devotions that will be available using
these means for this week:

* Monday, 13 April /Monday in the Octave/
  6:30 Morning Prayers and Meditation
  7:15 Holy Mass
 12:30 Visit to the Blessed Sacrament and Regina Caeli
 17:00 Catechism
 18:00 Rosary and Benediction

* Tuesday, 14 April /Tuesday in the Octave/
  6:30 Morning Prayers and Meditation
  7:15 Holy Mass
 12:30 Visit to the Blessed Sacrament and Regina Caeli
 17:00 Catechism
 18:00 Rosary and Benediction

* Wednesday, 15 April /Wednesday in the Octave/
  6:30 Morning Prayers and Meditation
  7:15 Holy Mass
 12:30 Visit to the Blessed Sacrament and Regina Caeli
 17:00 Catechism
 18:00 Rosary and Benediction

* Thursday, 16 April /Thursday in the Octave/
  6:30 Morning Prayers and Meditation
  7:15 Holy Mass
 12:30 Visit to the Blessed Sacrament and Regina Caeli
 14:00 Latin Class
 17:00 Catechism
 18:00 Rosary and Benediction

* Friday, 17 April /Friday in the Octave/
  6:30 Morning Prayers and Meditation
  7:15 Holy Mass
 12:30 Visit to the Blessed Sacrament and Regina Caeli
 17:00 Catechism
 18:00 Rosary and Benediction

* Saturday, 18 April /White Saturday/
  6:30 Morning Prayers and Meditation
  7:15 Holy Mass
 12:30 Visit to the Blessed Sacrament and Regina Caeli
 14:00 History Lesson
 17:00 Catechism
 18:00 Rosary and Benediction

* Sunday, 19 April /Low Sunday/
  9:00 Holy Mass
 17:00 Catechism
 18:00 Rosary and Benediction

God bless you in this time of trial,
--
+ Fr. John Jenkins, SSPX <jenkins at sspx.org.za>
Roodepoort, South Africa - PGP: 533B FBFF 7A42 6CB7