[SSPX Chapel Cape Town] Public Masses and devotions: 1-7 June 2020

Fr. John Jenkins jenkins at sspx.org.za
Sun May 31 14:32:35 CEST 2020

Dear Faithful,

Thanks to the concession of the President of South Africa, we are
very happy to announce the reopening of our chapel for public
devotions. Although the guidelines are rather restrictive, we are
nonetheless rejoice in being able to provide the sacraments again
for the faithful. The guidelines very clearly state that the
congregation should not number over 50 persons, and that they must
be placed in the chapel a certain distance. You can read about
these "alert level 3" restrictions in the link provided at the end
of this email[1]. Sanitizer will be provided, but please bring
your masks with you.

Since level 3 restrictions do not let many people return to work,
and as we have many persons who join our audio stream from other
parishes, we will for the moment continue our usual program with
the added benefit of allowing some souls to assist at Mass in the
chapel. To this end the gate and chapel doors will be open every
morning at 6:30am for those who would like to assist at morning
prayers and meditation or adore Our Lord in the Blessed
Sacrament. They will be locked after the Mass for security
considerations but anyone wishing to make a visit need but send a
message to Fr. Jenkins who will open for you.

For this coming Sunday we will have three Masses. In order to not
over reach the number of fifty persons, it is recommended that
those of the Northern Suburbs to assist at the early morning Mass
at 7:00. The Sung Mass will be at 9:00am, and recommended for
those living in the Southern Suburbs. Of course these
recommendations are only for your convenience so as not to be
stuck in the street during the Mass and you are more than welcome
to assist at whichever Mass is suitable, provided that we adhere
to the regulations.

The Mass at 11:30 will be preceded by a conference at 11:00 which
will be an instruction on the Latin Mass. This is especially for
those who are new to the Traditional Mass and would like to know
more about it. Thus those who are not regular members of our
chapel are invited to assist at the Conference and Mass at 11:00,
but are welcome to assist at either Mass again provided we adhere
to regulations.

Please note that we are not allowed to gather after the Mass as we
are accustomed to do, and so you are requested to simply return
home after the Mass. This of course is very far from ideal and not
at all our custom, but we must for the moment adhere to the
regulations which prohibit social gatherings.

Through the week there will also be Rosary and Benediction in the
evening at 6pm, to which you may also assist if you wish. In the
presence of more than 3 persons there will also be confession
available during the Rosary.

All of the Masses and devotions will also be streamed by audio,
which you can listen to directly with a web browser at
http://url.fsspx.me/chapel or with the Mumble application [see
http://url.fsspx.me/mumbleapp].

Each and everyday this week there will be morning prayers and a
meditation at 6:30. At 12:30, or midday, there will be a brief
visit to the Blessed Sacrament and the Regina Caeli. Please note
that due to an apostolic voyage to Robertson there will be no
midday prayers on Friday.

There will be many conferences offered on the Mumble application
during this week. Everyday there will be a spiritual conference at
5pm. On Monday and Wednesday there will be a conference on the
history of the SSPX at 8pm, especially for those who are new to
Tradition or even for the ancients who would like to know more how
the Society of St. Pius X was founded and its struggles throughout
the past 50 years. On Tuesday and Saturday there are history
lessons at 2pm. The Latin lesson is tentatively scheduled for 2pm
on Thursday, but this may be changed as many students return to
work and school. This latin lesson will be confirmed on the
Telegram Group of the class.

There is also a WhatsApp group where the sermons and conferences
are published everyday where you can listen to them at your
leisure. You can simply email Father to receive the link to join
this group.

For the Spiritual Conferences we will be treating of the Moral
Virtues.

Here is the schedule of devotions that will be available using
these means for this week:

* Monday, 1 June /Pentecost Monday/
 6:30 Morning Prayers and Meditation
 7:15 Sung Mass
12:30 Visit to the Blessed Sacrament and Regina Caeli
17:00 Spiritual Conference
18:00 Rosary and Benediction
20:00 History of the SSPX Conference

* Tuesday, 2 June /Pentecost Tuesday/
 6:30 Morning Prayers and Meditation
 7:15 Holy Mass
12:30 Visit to the Blessed Sacrament and Regina Caeli
14:00 History Lesson
17:00 Spiritual Conference
18:00 Rosary and Benediction

* Wednesday, 3 June /Pentecost Wednesday/
 6:30 Morning Prayers and Meditation
 7:15 Holy Mass
12:30 Visit to the Blessed Sacrament and Regina Caeli
17:00 Spiritual Conference
18:00 Rosary and Benediction
20:00 History of the SSPX Conference

* Thursday, 4 June /Pentecost Thursday/
 6:30 Morning Prayers and Meditation
 7:15 Holy Mass
12:30 Visit to the Blessed Sacrament and Regina Caeli
14:00 Latin Class
17:00 Spiritual Conference
18:00 Rosary and Benediction

* Friday, 5 June /Pentecost Friday/
 6:30 Morning Prayers and Meditation
 7:15 Holy Mass
[No midday prayers due to apostolic voyage to Robertson]
17:00 Spiritual Conference
18:00 Rosary and Benediction

* Saturday, 6 June /Pentecost Saturday/
 6:30 Morning Prayers and Meditation
 7:15 Holy Mass
12:30 Visit to the Blessed Sacrament and Regina Caeli
14:00 History Lesson
17:00 Spiritual Conference
18:00 Rosary and Benediction

* Sunday, 7 June /Feast of the Holy Trinity/
 7:00 Holy Mass
 9:00 Sung Mass
11:00 Conference
11:30 Holy Mass
17:00 Spiritual Conference
18:00 Rosary and Benediction

God bless you in this time of trial,
--
+ Fr. John Jenkins, SSPX <jenkins at sspx.org.za>
Roodepoort, South Africa - PGP: 533B FBFF 7A42 6CB7

[1] https://www.gov.za/coronavirus/guidelines